Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/theweeke/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php on line 909
IMPORTANT: Revive is shutting down. Read this to continue playing!! - Weekend Warriors

IMPORTANT: Revive is shutting down. Read this to continue playing!!

13 replies to this topic

#1 Aroith

• Administrators
  • 3,178 posts
  • Origin:Aroith
  • Xfire:Aroith
  • Games Played:BF2 & SC2

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

Due to Revive shutting its doors...We (Weekend Warriors) will be making the transition to BF2Hub. I have already taken the proper steps in getting a server running at the new location and am currently working at transfering all the server data over. All you need to do is visit bf2hub.com and download the client software. The install will patch your current BF2 installation to run on HUB's master list...if you already created an account with BF2hub during the Gamespy shutdown, you can still retrieve that account and continue where you left off stat wise. Remember you'll have to login with the password you used when you backed up your account there. We have until the 27th for the complete shutdown so if you'd like to wait till then to make your change you can do that as well.

Visit this site to download their software in order to continue playing:
https://www.bf2hub.c...e/downloads.php

#2 ScudRocket

Corporal

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

HUB alway run better, this is a good thing for BF2

PUNKBUSTER will be needed, Revive hacked the game and disabled the punkbuster requirement for ranked servers.

Hope you get a Server in LA, it is closer to the Submarine Cable Network, all the highest Network lines go to this location it is the best location for a international server base.

Also, I hope you dont go down the BOT mode that was a cancer on the game and was responsible for the huge decline in players.

#3 Sky King

2nd Lieutenant

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

so your getting the band back together?
Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: I wonder what was going through Custer's mind when he realized that he'd led his men into a slaughter?

Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: Sir, Custer was a pussy. You ain't.

#4 Aroith

• Administrators
  • 3,178 posts
  • Origin:Aroith
  • Xfire:Aroith
  • Games Played:BF2 & SC2

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

There are a couple of us that play casually again. Will be interesting to see how the Revive shutdown affects the overall population.

#5 1armblindman

Major General

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Games Played:bf2 wake island

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

Would it be a good idea to invite the =TFC= The Friendly Clan

#6 2XP

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

Having two active wake only servers, especially in times like these with limited playerbase, sure is silly
But them becoming one is very unrealistic unfortunately

As a neutral wake fanatic, I prefer WW, because its better administrated, the best auto admin function Ive ever seen in BF2 servers and real admins are cool and reasonable people too which you cant say about TFC admins, at least of the past TFC history

Sadly, regular noob playerbase dont care much about quality and they hop on the most populated server which at the moment is TFC ( at least when I usually play)
Will see how things unfold when we have to switch to hub

#7 stealth556

Sergeant

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Games Played:Battlefield 1942, BF1942: Secret weapons of WWII, BF1942 Forgotten Hope Mod, BF1942 Desert Combat Mod, Battlefield: Vietnam, Battlefield 2, BF2: Special Forces, BF2: Armored Fury & Euro Force expansions, BF2: Roflbox Mod, Zombie Mod 0.2 Dev

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:20 AM

some 2XP truth there.

Both servers are good but WW does edge it out with its auto admin. Thats not to say it suffers on the real admin side of things as well, being equal or better.

To be honest, we need a populated US based Karkand server. I am aware there are kark servers, IDK about you but I cant play with above 120ms ping (theirs are north of that figure!) WW seems to have the best servers, setup, administration so... ...there ya go.

Edited by stealth556, 11 November 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#8 1armblindman

Major General

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:54 AM

stealth556 Is right about this !!
Both servers are good but WW does edge it out with its auto admin. Thats not to say it suffers on the real admin side of things as well, being equal or better.
I got booted from there computer tonight cause 1 female Admin. Said I was !! I wrote a bunch of shit up on the game cause a few ASS-Holes where fucking up the game and (You Know how it gets ya when your in the game mode) They let those ass-holes go an ban me for telling the truth of what they where in slang on the game !! I been playing there since this server went away.. Anyone From TFC Admins read this please email me so We can work this out !! Please !!! Or is this the way TFC thanks a person to an INVITE to a server that was the best !! Read the date of my other post above .. THANK YOU !!!! and now I can't play there .. GEE !!!!

#9 stealth556

Sergeant

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Games Played:Battlefield 1942, BF1942: Secret weapons of WWII, BF1942 Forgotten Hope Mod, BF1942 Desert Combat Mod, Battlefield: Vietnam, Battlefield 2, BF2: Special Forces, BF2: Armored Fury & Euro Force expansions, BF2: Roflbox Mod, Zombie Mod 0.2 Dev

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Wow 1arm, isnt this the same TFC server that says "Free Speech Server"? You must have really insulted their mothers or something, someone got triggered lol.

#10 1armblindman

Major General

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

You know woman Admin's (I think) some days nice the next week All hell breaks out. I was gunned down !!! The people on the carrier where total ass-wipes. YOU BEEN ON A GAME WHEN IT HAPPENS .. I let my mouth out in type.. N-words .. And so on in print And they stayed the whole game !r reported a few times & nothing happened. I guess the auto admin picks up on the bad words not to use??

#11 BurnOmatic

Khal Drogo

• Weekend Warriors Admin
  • 804 posts
  • Origin:BurnOmatic
  • Xfire:burnomatic
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Games Played:of Thrones,BF2,GTA 5 PC

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

cant wait :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Noobshot

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:00 AM

New guy here to BF2, I have BF2Hub and I see your full server on Revives network, when I enter the IP manually, it's not there..then I see the same 24/7 Wake Island server and no one is in it, but I can get into it..so that's good.

#13 dja Bad_Influence

Motor Mouth

• Weekend Warriors Admin
  • 3,969 posts
  • Origin:djaBadInfluence
  • LocationChicago suburb
  • Games Played:BF2, RUNE, Grid, NASCAR, GTR2, Quake, Quake2, Quake3, Doom, and hundreds of others. I am old you know.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:30 AM

That is the HUB server. Now that Revive has shutdown, you'll the population start to grow on the Hub server and you'll see it in the server list. You won't have to punch in the IP.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Noobshot

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

View Postdja Bad_Influence, on 21 November 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

That is the HUB server. Now that Revive has shutdown, you'll the population start to grow on the Hub server and you'll see it in the server list. You won't have to punch in the IP.

Okay cool. Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users